In 2015, the Education Writers Association hired the research center I direct to conduct a first-of-its kind study of education journalists in America. In May 2016, EWA released State of the Education Beat 2016.
If you are an education researcher who is interested in getting your work out to the public, I would recommend reading this report in order to gain a better understanding of:
- Who are education journalists?
- Where and how do they work?
- How and why did they enter the profession?
- What are their perceptions of the field?
- What challenges do they face?
You can download the full report here:
Click to access 2016-05-10-state-of-beat-report.pdf
You can find long and short versions of the report and related material on EWA’s website.